Monday, August 22, 2011

Amber goes to Kindergarten

I am in shock that this day has come. Amber is in Kindergarten! She has been counting down the days all summer long but it seemed to sneak up on us so fast. I thought that I was going to be okay with her going to Kindergarten because she has done preschool for a couple of years. Then I got home and thought about it and I got a little teary eyed because I couldn't believe that she has gotten so big. She is in real school now! How on earth did it happen so fast? I am sure I will be crying again tomorrow morning when I put her on the bus to school for the first time (I took her this morning). She is so grown up but in my head she is still my little Amber.

Amber on the other hand didn't have any problems just taking off the second we got in the Kindergarten play yard. When she got home from school I asked her what she did and of course like any little kid, all she really remembered was that they got TWO recesses today. When I asked her what else she did she said she couldn't remember. I was able to get a little bit more out of her asking specific questions (did you learn your class rules? did you get to know anyones name?...) but that is all she really wanted to tell me. Here are some pictures from her first day.
Dressed and ready to go.
Amber with her new teacher Mrs. Jones.
Amber lined up with her classmates (can you tell it is red day!?)
She made it home. She got to ride the bus for the first time.

No comments: