Juli has tagged me to list ten things that make me happy and pass it on to some bloggers that make me happy. These aren't in any order or ranking.
1. Running. I know this may sound strange to a lot of you but I really am happy when I am running; letting my mind wonder, think through my life or problems, or just singing away to the tunes on my Touch.
2. Taking naps with J. They don't happen as often as they used to bk (before kids) but when they do I am in heaven. Just cuddling and sleeping the day away can be so nice. Sometimes I pay for it that night, when I can't sleep but it is always worth it.
3. Daisies. They are my favorite flower. I like the plain ones the best but pretty much any kind make me happy.
4. Seeing my kids happy. Whether it be just as they are playing around the house or when they get to do something new or that they love to do. When they are happy it rubs off to me. I think the saying "If mama aint happy aint nobody happy" should also apply to kids and babies.
5. Spending time with family and friends. It is always so fun to catch up with family and friends and to reminisce.
6. Finding a new outfit that really makes you look good. I know that this is really girlie of me and usually I wouldn't consider myself much of a girlie girl but I really like how I feel when I think I look good. Does that make sense?
7. Finding a good deal. I get this from my mother. I remember when I was a teenager her showing off her latest good deal find when it wasn't usually anything that we needed at the time. She would brag what a awesome deal that it was. Now I find myself doing the same. I try to make sure that it is something that we need (usually clothes for the kids - even if they can't wear it for another year or two) but sometimes I just can't help myself.
8. The occasional Dr. Pepper or Cherry Coke. I don't have them very often (due to pregnancies and nursing) so when I do it makes me happy and I really enjoy them. The only way that I will have the Dr. Pepper is out of a can - out of a bottle just won't do.
9. Cuddling with my kids. I love when my little ones will climb up in my lap and cuddle with me. Elle is the best at this. I feel bad because she is always wanting me to hold her and too often I have other people or chores demanding my time.
10. Me time. I know that this is selfish but sometimes it is so nice just to have time to myself. Sometimes my patience and nerves start to dwindle and I need to escape for a little me time fix. I have been know to go out shopping (it is amazing how much more looking and trying on clothes you can do by yourself) or go get a pedicure to refresh my nerves and calm me down so that I don't loose my mind.
So that was way too easy and there are more that come to mind but I guess I am done. I would like to tag Lauren and Amanda - if you want to that is. It does make you happy when you try to think of all the things that make you happy.