Monday, December 14, 2009

Sweet sisters

It has been fun watching Amber and Elle grow up together. It really does remind me of my sister and I. There were times that we loved each other and would do everything together and then there were the days that all we did was fight fight fight. I remember how mean we could be with each other and how during those times it seemed like our only mission was to make the others life miserable. Then, it was amazing how fast we could flip gears and then love each other again. As we got older things changed and we didn't really do a lot with each other because we had friends and school things that kept us busy. Now that school is past us both and life has settled down (kind of) we now are friends again. We talk to each other a couple of times a week and just seem to understand each other. It kind of reminds me of our happy easy time when we were kids.
My sister Bonnie and I after a race in March. Not the best picture but sadly I don't have many of us together since I am normally the picture taker and we live a couple hundred miles away from each other.

I am really having a great time watching Amber and Elle go through this. I must admit that when they aren't getting along and they just want to fight over everything it makes me crazy. I guess I can't expect them to get along all the time, especially considering they are so young (Amber about 4 and Elle about 2). I hope that they are able to have the same easy relationship I had/have with my sister and that they will remember how important they are to each other in this life. Brothers are great too (Amber and Elle will get to experience that to very soon) but I am really glad that I have a sister. Here are a couple of pictures of sweet sister moments from the last couple of weeks.

Squished in a chair playing.
Giving hugs.
Playing in/on the bookshelf.

No comments: