Friday, September 3, 2010

August Fun

Yes, we are still alive and going going going. I can't believe how fast August came and went. We has some fun adventures and vacations. Here are a couple pictures to catch you up.

Nathan's growing so fast. Here he is with his long and crazy hair.

The girls love to play with their little brother now that they can interact more with each other.

Amber spending some time on the floor with Nathan.

We went to the Washington County Fair again. Here is a picture of Elle with an orange cat on her face that the FFA group did after we went through the petting farm.

Amber with a red cat on her face.

The girls playing on the cars at the fair while Junetta was looking at all the quilts and crafts.

I was able to go to my 10 year high school reunion in Heber—yep, I am old. I don't think I will go again. It just worked out that we were heading up there anyway because we were going river rafting.

The girls at Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon.

Another picture of the falls.

The girls checking out the Provo River.

Here begin the pictures from our river rafting trip with J's mom, dad, and sister. Nathan came along but spent all of his time at the rental house that we stayed in this year (which was awesome, btw). Amber and Elle had a great week playing with my parents in Heber. Sorry, I don't have any picture of all the fun they had with their cousins swimming, gardening, and going for rides in the mountains. They both were sad to leave Heber and wanted us to leave them there. But back to the river trip: we had 4 great nights and 3 awesome days in Riggins, Idaho. It has been 4 years since we have been—Amber was just 5 months old when we went with my family. It was so fun to go again and it went by way too fast. I hope we don't wait that long till next time we visit.

Mary all geared up on the first day in her color coordinating river clothes.

Nathan giving Grandma Mary a reassuring squeeze that everything was going to be fine and even fun.

Four of the Maxfield clan together on their first adventures on the Salmon River. Nathan and I had to shuttle the car and trailer back and headed back to the rental house and relax for the day.

There weren't any bathtubs and the rental house so Nathan enjoyed sink baths. He was really awesome on the trip except in the car—he hates riding in the car.

Me putting on my my sunscreen. Apparently it made my face look nice and white. I didn't know this until we had lunch at the house and I saw how white I really was. I didn't use that sunscreen again the rest of the trip.

Me riding the bull going through Time Zone rapid.

J, Junetta, and me at Fiddle Creek.

Riverguide J in his action seat. Junetta just checking out the scenery.

Well there you have it. The rest of the month was spend being sick (the girls picked something up in Heber then shared with Nathan and I) and trying to figure out if we where going to be moving or not and trying to find a place to move to. Now we know that we are moving so here is to hoping the place we want to move into works out.


1 comment:

Amanda Panda said...

wow, sounds and looks like you guys had fun! And about the sunscreen just face it your white anyway.